I know most people don’t like to keep track of how much they read but I personally like to set a reading goal. It motivates me to read and just gets me so excited! My reading goal for 2017 is to read at least 10 books every month so I can read a total of 120 books by the end of the year.
- January : I read 10 books in January, which is my monthly goal. I barely reached 10 books; I finished reading the last book (A list of cages) just before midnight (Yes, I know I could’ve just read it the next day, but I can be stubborn). Most of the books I read during this month were great and it was a great start for the year. I’m so proud of myself for reading ten books since I’ve never read more than 6 in one month!
- February: Unfortunately, I wasn’t so lucky in February. I did have time to read if I’m being honest but I wasn’t really feeling it. My blog content was sorely lacking as well and it was overall a messy month for me. I read 5 books, so now I’m slightly behind.
So far I’ve read 15 books so 105 more to go!
These are the books I’ve read in January and February. Below each books is my rating. Click the covers to check out my reviews for each book. Some don’t have reviews yet!
1. New Bookish Features :
- Newbie Sundays: This will be a new weekly feature posted on Sundays in which I’ll discuss recently-announced book releases and other upcoming books that should be more hyped. So if you want to be constantly updated with new book releases, be on lookout for it.
- Friday Finds: This is a weekly event hosted by Should be Reading. Starting March 2017, I’ll be talking about books that I’ve recently added to my TBR, usually lesser-known ones. The books might be upcoming or already released.
2. Writing Posts :
I’ve recently decided that I’ll be posting more about writing. These posts will include resources for writing, like online sites that I’ve found useful, reference books that I’ve found and even more personal stuff – as in my writing updates, possibly including snippets and random thoughts.
- So far I’ve written 10,000 words of my WIP.
- I’ve mostly been doing research for my setting and watching writing videos for inspiration.
- I’ve decided to re-outline during the whole spring break so hopefully, I’ll start writing again in April or earlier.
- I’ll be having constant updates on this blog starting April or maybe earlier. I might also start sharing snippets. I think that’ll give me the extra motivation to finish a book for once.
What are some of your reading and writing goals for 2017? How are they going so far? Let me know in the comments below if you’ve read any of these books or if you have them on your TBR!! 😀