Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Breaking the Spine in which we share a book that we are eagerly anticipating!
For this week, my “can’t-wait-to-read” choice is:
Timekeeper by Tara Sim
Author: Tara Sim
Publisher: Sky Pony Press
Format: Hardcover, 368 pages
Release Date: November 1st 2016
Two o’clock was missing.
In an alternate Victorian world controlled by clock towers, a damaged clock can fracture time—and a destroyed one can stop it completely.
It’s a truth that seventeen-year-old clock mechanic Danny Hart knows all too well; his father has been trapped in a Stopped town east of London for three years. Though Danny is a prodigy who can repair not only clockwork, but the very fabric of time, his fixation with staging a rescue is quickly becoming a concern to his superiors.
And so they assign him to Enfield, a town where the tower seems to be forever plagued with problems. Danny’s new apprentice both annoys and intrigues him, and though the boy is eager to work, he maintains a secretive distance. Danny soon discovers why: he is the tower’s clock spirit, a mythical being that oversees Enfield’s time. Though the boys are drawn together by their loneliness, Danny knows falling in love with a clock spirit is forbidden, and means risking everything he’s fought to achieve.
But when a series of bombings at nearby towers threaten to Stop more cities, Danny must race to prevent Enfield from becoming the next target or he’ll not only lose his father, but the boy he loves, forever.
The stunning first novel in a new trilogy by debut author Tara Sim, Timekeeper is perfect for fans of Cassandra Clare and Victoria Schwab.
- Steampunk, Clock-punk theme: Who doesn’t love steampunk? I mean seriously… (OK, some may not necessarily like steampunk). But imagine how awesome it would be with all the cool Victorian-style gadgets and intricate clockwork machines.
2. Alternate Victorian world controlled by clock towers Setting: This is a really cool concept and a very original one. There’s an organization that fixes the clock towers too and Danny is a part of it. If the towers stop working, time stops (I think).
3. Time travel: I don’t know about you guys but I love books about time-traveling. And according to some reviews, the “time-messery” is very intriguing and well-done.
4. Clock Spirit: How freaking cute is the idea of a clock spirit? I imagine I’d want to cuddle that clock spirit when I get my hands on this book.
5. Forbidden Love: I love this trope. I don’t even have an excuse…Hopefully, I’m not all alone in this 😀
6. Glbt Romance: The fact that it includes a diverse set of characters is a double bonus for me.
7. Adorableness: There are a few reviews rolling in pre-release and a majority of those reviews claim that this book and its characters were adorable. I can’t wait!!
Tell me, is this book already in your TBR? (Have I convinced you to add it? 😉 ) What books are you most looking forward to? Let me know in the comments below!!